Monday 16 April 2012

Meet the author


Hi, I’m Stephen Bailey, the author of Academic Writing. I started writing the book about ten years ago, when I was teaching English to international students at the University of Derby in the UK.

I wanted to make a book that was easy for both teachers and students to use, so it could be suitable for self-study as well as in the classroom. It follows the writing process from start to finish, but it’s also a reference book that deals with common student problems, like conjunctions. Because of this it had to be clearly organised and include an answer key. The book  doesn’t just tell you how to write academically, it provides plenty of practice exercises, as well as models of different types of writing such as a case study.

Over the last ten years it’s been developed through three editions, and I think the latest is the best. But I still hope to improve the contents, so I’d be grateful for any comments you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment